After Oklahoma, the rest of spring break wasn't too exciting. It was too cold to play outside for most of the week, which is a bummer. We did get out for a few fun things like science at the library, visiting Moon Marble for the first time, and playing in the park with friends. But the biggest bummer was Hannah throwing up on her birthday. We had an awesome day planned. Olive was going to a friend's party at Science City that morning so Hannah wanted to ride the street car while we waited. Then we would have Hannah's party at an indoor pool and then dinner with family. She was looking forward to this day all spring break. Getting sick meant no street car, no birthday party, no grandparents, and not many presents. I knew she would be getting lots of gifts, so my presents were little things like pjs, stationery, and a frisbee. Wop, wop. Luckily we had Marissa and Casey. They were already at our house before Hannah got sick, so we spent the day playing games. And their present was a drone (something she really wanted). Despite all her plans getting cancelled, Hannah never complained. I was more disappointed than she was! She was happy playing with her aunt and uncle and grateful for the few gifts she got to open. She has such a positive easy-going attitude. I love it when your kids teach you things. When I grow up I want to be just like her. :)
We played a lot of board games that week. I tried to get a picture of the game, but Olive wanted her picture instead.
Play-doh creations the girls made one morning.
Science activities at the library.
I didn't get a picture of the girls dressed up on St. Patrick's Day, but I did get one of Froggy. We watched the parade on TV and then they did their own in the driveway. They also made a trail of gold coins and a pot of gold for Steve when he got home.
I've been wanting to go to Moon Marble Company for awhile and we finally made it. It is a really cute little shop.
The girls loved picking out their marbles. Olive wanted to know all the names before she chose them.
You got the final shooter marble from the barrel (with your eyes closed).
Finally warm enough for the park!!
Playing Headbanz on Hannah's birthday. It was a lot of fun! Hannah also played a couple of games of Catan.
I love this picture. Sick, in her pjs, but still laughing and having fun.
And in other bummer spring break news, Steve's car got totaled. He ran into the back of someone on the highway and then someone ran into the back of him, too. Luckily no one was hurt. He is driving a work truck while we look for a new car.
1 comment:
Did they have any cats eye at the marble factory?
Did Hannah get her balloons, candy, flowers and duck stuffed animal?
Steve said you got the big fruit tray with her favorite raspberries.
Post a Comment