Hannah was excited for school, but a little hesitant to leave me. She actually made me count up the hours each day that she would spend with her teachers vs. time with me...and it turns out it is more time with teachers. :( I was a little sad at that. Although when you throw in weekends, of course she will spend more time with me. But still. It's tough to transition to the "big time" of full-day school. I knew once she started school she would be too busy having fun to give me a second thought. Which is what happened. She came back with lots of stories of the cafeteria and funny things her teachers said and meeting new friends and playing with old ones at recess. She is so proud to be a first grader! I know I'll miss her more than she'll miss me this year.
They used to have the same color hair. Then Hannah started getting blonde highlights. I think she might just be called blonde now.
This year she has two teachers! They do a job share so one teaches Monday and Tuesday and the other teaches Wednesday and Thursday. Then they alternate Fridays. It is an unusual set-up, but I've only heard positives about them. Hannah doesn't seem to mind at all.
She was so excited to have a real DESK this year! I tried to get her to take a picture with her teachers, but didn't want to do that. One of them is standing behind her though. :)
2 comments:
Hannah is so pretty in her pink dress and big happy smile!, Love that the girls were holding hands on their walk to school. They are such buddies! I know it was hard for her to leave you and Olive at home, but I am sure it was hard on Mommy to watch her go. It is equal feelings of pride and trepidation, right?
Great her own desk to work at with her NAME on it.
Hope she can store her things in it too.
She is BIG stuff now!!!!
Post a Comment