8.19.2015

First Day of Preschool

Today was Olive's first day of preschool.  She goes Mon/Wed/Fri from 12:00-2:30.  She stopped going to preschool/daycare right after she turned two (and she has no memory of it), so this is her first real experience with school.  She has been waiting for this day for awhile.  The outfit was picked out weeks ago.  In fact, she refused to hold a sign because she wanted to show off her dress.

At Open House the teacher gave us a school bag to decorate.  I told Olive we'd use markers to decorate it.  Then when I was on the phone the next day, she brought me this:

She doesn't know how to spell Kerr, but she knows it starts with a K...so she just kept writing them.  It was not quite the message we wanted to send to new preschool friends.  Luckily all the markers in the house are washable. :)

Hannah was also very excited about Olive going to preschool.  She woke Olive up this morning saying "Today is your big day!"  Then she wanted to take a picture of Olive with her camera before she left for first grade since she wouldn't see her in the afternoon.  I am continually amazed by how much those two love and support each other.



When I picked her up she said "I had a GREAT day!"  She ate pretzels for snack, made a rocket ship with her name, and played with a new friend at recess.  That's all the info I could get out of her.  At the end of the day, she finally posed with the sign she made.

3 comments:

Grandma said...

She will be an awesome preschooler. Hope the teacher can keep up with her. 😄 At least you have a picture of her artistic endeavors for posterity.

Granny M said...

Glad she is excited to go and so ready to learn new things.
Did you leave her side on there and you decorated the other side???

Kerr Family said...

No, I washed it out. Although she ended up putting duct tape on that side, so I could have left it and taped over it.