12.08.2008

Two Christmas Parties and a Tree

We had a Christmas party weekend. Friday night was the staff holiday party for Westwood View. As usual, by the end of the night the girls started a dance party. Of course I broke out my moves. Melissa (the other pregnant teacher) and I danced with our babies. I read that the baby can feel me dancing and hear music now, so that is pretty cool. I hope she likes Beyonce's Robot Hand Song. The close up picture is of me and Diane, the other 2nd grade teacher. It's a small school with only two teachers per grade level. She is very similar to my mom- same sense of humor and personality...except she is more liberal. She even has a son the same age as Justin and a daughter the same age as Marissa. Also like my mom, she is already buying gifts for the baby. I think she is the official KC grandma. If Diane ever retired I think I might change grade levels.

Saturday night was our church Christmas party. We didn't have any dancing, but we did a white elephant gift exchange. We have lots of junk around our house, so choosing good gag gifts was hard. We ended up bringing a big box full of hardware that we've been collecting since we started remodeling and a hideous ceramic box. We did pretty well in the exchange. Steve got a "How to deal with kid disasters" book and some miniature wrenches. I was able to lock the yoga ball up on it's third (final) trade and argued my way into a She-Ra Princess of Power book. For the baby. It's a must-read.

After much hauling and unpacking and placing, the tree is finally up. Steve's tolerance of Christmas music gets shorter every year. Maybe I shouldn't listen to White Christmas on repeat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Decorations going up all over.

Blizzard/Wedman Family said...

You had fun without me. (insert crying noise here!) I wish I could have been there.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Thanks a lot for unloading the ceramic box on us.