1.10.2009

From Second Grade

Here are some funny things my kids have said about the baby....

When I first told them I was having a baby-
"The baby is going to be so lucky! You can teach them everything they need to know in 2nd grade before they even get here!"

When I showed them my ultrasound picture-
"It looks like a whale."

One of the girls brought in some of her old baby clothes to give to me. They were still on my desk when a boy walked in.-
"What are those?" he asked.
"Baby clothes," I said.
"Oh. So that baby of yours came out already, " he said matter-of-factly.
"Um, no, " I said while pointing to my belly.
(This started another explanation of how when the baby was here, I wouldn't be. They don't understand why I can't just bring the baby to school and keep teaching for the rest of the year.)

After seeing me eat a granola bar and an apple during math (I bring snacks to school because I get so hungry)-
"So do you have to eat two breakfasts, two lunches, and two dinners every day? One for you and one for the baby?"

One girl was staring at my stomach in amazement and whispered to another girl-
"She gets fatter every day."
"I can hear you. I'm standing right here, " I said.
She said, "Oh, I didn't mean FATTER, I just meant REALLY BIG."

1 comment:

Blizzard/Wedman Family said...

So funny! I wish I would have written down all the funnies I heard. You will be able to teach your baby EVERYTHING about 2nd grade. Your kids are just telling you the truth.
Matilda RULES!