10.22.2009

Hannah Stats- 7 months



I remember when I took Hannah to the pediatrician for her one month check-up. She was fussy and crying and I was cranky and tired. The baby sitting next to us was sitting up on her mom's lap and smiling at us. I looked at the difference between her and Hannah....and at the difference between her mom and me. I was pretty sure we would never get there! But the miracle has happened and my fussy baby has turned into a happy and smiling baby. Hannah hardly ever cries now. I'm able to sit her down and she plays with toys by herself. And I don't have to worry about anything because she isn't mobile yet. It's a good time. It's so much better than when she cried every time I tried to put her down! She is on a great routine (mostly thanks to day care) where she takes two naps during the day, plus sleeps 11 hours at night. She's down to 5 meals a day, which is much better than the 12 feedings a day we did when she was a month old! Everything seems more manageable now. I look at pictures of her a few months ago and I'm amazed at how much she has grown and how fast it has gone by...but I can't say that I miss those days!

New this month: No crawling yet, but she loves standing and can even hold on to things and stand by herself for a little bit. Blowing raspberries and squealing are her favorite ways to communicate. If she is bored she makes a groaning sound to let you know it's time to do something else.

2 comments:

Steve said...

I love her.

Abby said...

7 months is a good time, that's for sure. Crawling/walking are fun too, but it does require a little more supervision! :) Makes me happy to hear how much you're enjoying her!