4.09.2010

Science Night



My school is amazing in many ways, but probably one of the biggest is the amount of parent support we have. They volunteer and organize so many awesome things you probably wouldn't believe me if I told you everything. One of the parent-organized fun things is Science Night. For one evening, every classroom has a different science experiment, presentation, robot, or other really cool thing. There is a blow-up planetarium in the gym. The library is turned into a petting zoo. I thought it was so neat I went even when we didn't have kids. :) I couldn't wait to take Hannah this year. We spent most of our time in the library touching a snake, owl, rabbit, and turtle. She was interested in the animals, but even more interested in the kids. With me carrying her she was in perfect position to touch the tops of their heads!
This is our 2nd grade Amazon Rain Forest that was on display for Science Night. When we study Brazil every kid has a different animal to research and then they make it and put it in the rain forest.

1 comment:

Amanda and Jason said...

That rain forest is awesome! I wish we had done fun things like that when I was in 2nd grade.