11.14.2010

Draw-ing

Hannah's new favorite activity is drawing.  At first I couldn't get her to even pick up a crayon, and now she doesn't want to do anything else.  We have notebooks and crayons all over the house.  When I tell her it's time for dinner, she says "draw-ing" in a very annoyed voice.  I can see teenager Hannah coming out already.

But besides her occasional attitude, I love it that she wants to draw so much.  It's great for fine motor skills and creativity.  She has also learned her colors by me commenting on her drawings or crayons.  Plus she can do it anywhere- waiting in restaurants or on long car rides.   But best of all, it is something she can do to entertain herself.  I think kids should be able to find interesting activities that they can do on their own...you know, besides plopping themselves in front of the tv for hours at a time.
A couple of months ago she drew just a few marks on the page.  Then she started making lots of back and forth scribbles like this:


 Now she likes to draw "dir-cles".

3 comments:

Blizzard/Wedman Family said...

Hannah that a pretty good pit-chure. Let's colur togefer.

Casey+Marissa said...

Aww I want to commission one for our fridge :)

Abby said...

I've taken to documenting Calla's drawings with the camera instead of keeping every single one...I had already filled up a couple of boxes before I realized I needed a different "storage" system. :)

Love Hannah's artwork!