Sigh. Summer is over. And it was my last baby summer. I don't know if that feels good or not. It just goes by so fast watching the girls grow up. Or as Jane would say, "Time flies when you are cleaning up poop!" That, too.
This summer Hannah became a very proud trike rider and learned most of her letter sounds, too. Although I'm ashamed to say she learned them more from Super Why and Word World than from her mom the teacher. And Olive changed even more. She went from a newborn to a big, smiling baby with personality.
Since I had a newborn at the beginning and excessive heat warnings at the end of summer, we didn't get out and go on as many adventures as I would have liked. But we did have fun hanging around the house and backyard. Some of Hannah's favorite things to do: ride her tricycle, blow bubbles (she learned how to do that too this summer), play soccer in the living room, dance, paint, and kiss her sister.
Some of Olive's favorite things to do: kick balloons that are tied to her foot, watch Hannah dance, play peek-a-boo, listen to singing, and of course nap in her swing.
Tomorrow the girls go to daycare. Even though I love my job and I'm excited to start the new school year and be around adults again....it is so hard to leave my girls! I haven't been away from Olive for more than 1-2 hours since she was born. Adding to the stress, Olive had never taken a bottle so we had to bottle-train her. On "Bottle Day" last weekend that strong-willed girl went until 5:00 pm before she drank from it! I called for reinforcements (Grandma) on Monday and Tuesday. She played with Hannah so I could focus on getting Olive to eat. We love you Grandma!! Now Olive is finally okay with the bottle, but it is still going to be rough to adjust to new sleep schedules and being away from each other. The first week is always the toughest. After we get into the new routine it isn't so bad. Just don't expect many blog posts for awhile. :)
1 comment:
Jane quote! Woo hoo!
5 pm?! That is crazy. Good luck raising her!
I love the balloons on her foot. Gwyn enjoyed that as well.
Give me a call this week. We can break down and cry together.
Post a Comment