It's September already?! I thought the summer went by fast, but now that I'm back at work the weeks just fly by. Life feels super busy right now. Having a chance to blog or write an email is pretty rare (Olive went to bed early tonight!). But I know I need to enjoy this time when my kids are little because I will miss it when it's gone. I know this because people stop me in the grocery store and tell me. :) It's amazing how many strangers talk to you when you have a baby. Everyone wants to get a look at her and reminisce about their own kids. So I know this is an awesome time in my life. When I get stressed out I just have to watch Hannah dance and Olive laugh and it always makes me smile.
I'm enjoying being back at work. It's always fun to see kids get excited about learning and to have parents tell me their kids are loving second grade. :) I've got an unusual class this year: 15 boys and 5 girls. It is an interesting dynamic in the classroom. Right now I'm teaching them about gladiators at the Colosseum and of course they love it. They can't wait for the Italian car race in October! Although I'm not sure they will enjoy the tea party we have in the winter.
Daycare is going well. Olive is finally taking the bottle without any problems. Hannah still likes going to daycare, but she is mourning the loss of her friend who went to preschool this fall. When she realized he wasn't coming back there were some serious tears! They loved to play trains, cars, and balls together. Now it's just Hannah, Olive, and a 1 1/2 year old girl. There is also a 2 year old girl who comes part-time. It's neat now that Hannah is older she is able to give us a report of her day: what she had for lunch, what she played, etc. Last year every day she said she played ball and had chicken nuggets! It became a running joke in our house.
2 comments:
So very true...get those just sitting rocking and cuddling times in as you can see with how fast Hannah is changing they just don't last that long!!!
I know, it's crazy how many people stop me in the grocery store. I have to allow for extra time just to stop and chat with the older folks. :) It's always a good reminder though -- these days are flying by!
Post a Comment