1.29.2012

Hannah Quotes

"I cannot believe this bubble bath!"

"The best thing about ice cream is that you eat it."

"There are tears coming out of my nose!" (She had a runny nose)

(while hugging Olive) "Sister hug.  Sister love!"

me: Are you drawing a picture of a car?
Hannah: But it's not a car.  It's a monster truck.  I'm drawing a monster truck.  I'll give you a hint.
me: Okay.
Hannah whispering: It's a monster truck.

Hannah (picking at her fingernail): This thumb is in trouble.  I can't get it.  Mama, can you do it?
me: (pulled off the hangnail on her thumb)
Hannah: YOU DID IT!  You are a  hero!  You are a hero!  You saved the day!

me: Tonight I have to go back to school for a program.
Hannah: (frowns)
me:  Are you sad?
Hannah:  I'm sad because you are leaving.
me: Yes, but you get to stay home with Dada and Olive.  You'll have a great time.  Dada is lots of fun!
Hannah:  If you say so.
* She had a similar conversation with Steve when he had to be gone one night.  She changes her loyalties daily...usually it is whoever reads her a bedtime story the night before.

*I think my mom did lots of great stuff, but one thing I especially admired how she apologized if she was in the wrong.  It showed us that even kids deserve an apology and everyone, even mom, makes mistakes.  I want to show my kids the same thing.
me: I'm sorry I lost my temper.  I was just really frustrated.
Hannah:  It's okay, Mama.  Everyone gets frustrated.
me:  I know, but I need to be more patient.
Hannah:  It's hard to be patient.
me:  It is, but I'll keep trying to be patient.
Hannah:  Yeah.  Keep trying.

No comments: