Luckily, our next family adventure turned out much better! I was SO EXCITED to go the kite festival....but there was no wind. We decided to go anyway, and miracle of miracles, it was a little windy in Lee's Summit. And the weather was absolutely beautiful. We ate a picnic lunch and then tried our hand at getting a kite in the air. Hannah was IN LOVE with kite flying. She was really good, too! She ran with it to keep it up, and she never got tangled with anyone else.
After awhile we made our way over to the children's section. They had these flags set up for the kids to run through. I think this was Olive's favorite part. Even though she got knocked over by bigger kids probably ten times, she laughed and laughed.
Olive's picture with the clown fish was in the KC Star- front page in the special "neighborhood news" section.
This is definitely on my must-do list for next year. We didn't even make it to all the booths: food, bouncy house, face painting, kite-making, etc. Eating a picnic and watching kites is my idea of a perfect Saturday. When I asked Hannah which kite was her favorite she said, "Our kite." This is funny because our kite is some old '90s thing with hot pink and turquoise splash paint on it. We need a new kite.
Then to top off my perfect Saturday, I had a girls' night with Wendy and Andrea in the River Market.
Steve had a girls' night with Hannah and Olive at home. He won Hannah over with ice cream.
Then to top off my perfect Saturday, I had a girls' night with Wendy and Andrea in the River Market.
Steve had a girls' night with Hannah and Olive at home. He won Hannah over with ice cream.
1 comment:
I love the kites! Looks like a great Kerr-day.
Post a Comment