4.23.2012

Olive Stats- 1 year



Olive is  now 22 lbs 4 oz (70th percentile) and 29 inches tall (50th percentile).  How did I get a daughter that is average in height?  I'm not sure I believe this yet.  Over the last year she has gained over 15 lbs and grew 10 inches.

Olive has a lot of personality.  Strangers always say, "What a happy baby!" when they see her.  Although she also lets you know if she is upset.  She has a high-pitched yell that she does whenever Hannah takes toy away from her...then Hannah gives it right back.  Strangers are also impressed by how well she walks.  Olive can say mama, dada, and baby.  She can nod her head for yes or shake it for no.  We ran out of formula right before her birthday, and she switched to milk without any problems at all.  Next up is switching her from a bottle to sippy cup.  One of her front teeth is coming in, so she has five total.  She likes to eat All. The. Time.  I swear she eats more than Hannah at most meals.  Although it is hard to tell because half of it ends up on the floor.  Olive has always been a Mama's girl, but she has become especially attached recently.  She lets other people hold her, but sometimes she almost jumps out of their arms to get to me.  I have to enjoy it while it lasts. :)
What I love about Olive:
I was a little afraid that a younger sister so close in age would be overshadowed by her older sister.  I don't think Olive is going to let that happen.  I love how she is assertive and stands up for herself.  I love how she laughs- easily and loudly!  I like how she can be the center of attention and she also enjoys going off on her own.  She is very independent.  And of course I love her fangs.

What Steve loves about Olive:
I love how happy she is and how she lights up when she sees us.  I love how independent she is.  I love how fierce she is.

Olive's Favorites as a One-year-old
food: fruit, pasta, and black beans
song: Old McDonald, alphabet song
books: Peek-a-who?, Freight Train, That's Not My Kitten, First Words
toys: play kitchen, animal pop-up toy, anything that Hannah plays with
activities: digging in the sandbox, swinging, being flipped upside down, playing peek-a-boo, eating things off the ground, being tickled, giving kisses, taking baths
 

3 comments:

McGuire Family Blog said...

NOOOOOO!!!! I don't want to lose the fangs!!!

Granny said...

Average size...could be worst.
She has SHORT people on Grandma Alice side and on Grandma Velma Ackerman side...BUT both sides have very forceful personalities so watch out.
Little dynamites!!!!

Blizzard/Wedman Family said...

We love Olive! I hope that she can keep up with Hannah on the trampoline. Playdate soon, please!