The same weekend as Sprint Family Fun Day, we also went to Parkville. It was the first time for Steve and Hannah to see Marissa and Casey's new house. Then they went with us to Kansas City Northern Railroad. Casey works for Union Pacific and I'm pretty sure his job is riding mini trains...so he felt right at home. Olive tolerated a few rides, then we looked at flowers while Hannah used up the rest of the tickets.
Then we took Hannah to her first ever carnival. It was part of River Fest in downtown Parkville. Hannah said, "This looks like FUN!" She was really proud to ride the rides all by herself. Again, Olive was content to just watch Hannah and wave.
I love days like this with my family. So perfect. When I'm old and gray and my kids are grown, I'll be saying, "Remember that day we took Hannah to the carnival and Olive got beans all over her face?" I liked high school. College was even better. I loved being a newly-wed and starting our life together. But having a young family is the BEST. I know my thirties are going to be my favorite time of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment