12.23.2012

Gingerbread Houses

Christmas crafts!  I picked up these gingerbread kits because the girls love stickers.  Holiday-themed crafts are right up Hannah's alley.  I wasn't sure about Olive.  I had to peel the back off for her, but she liked sticking them on.  They were both were very focused crafters.
the finished products:

Even better than foam gingerbread houses are real ones!  No way would I attempt making them on my own.  We got lucky and the girls' preschool hosted a gingerbread-house-making party.  This was one of three tables set up with goodies.
 
Even with pre-cut house pieces, it was a little daunting.  Our houses looked pretty terrible and constantly fell apart, but we had a great time!  There was Christmas music playing, the girls were eating candy and saying hi to their friends and teachers.  I overhead one of the teachers saying "It doesn't get any better than this- seeing kids and their parents working on something together and having fun."  I agree.  Awesome Christmas memory.  And I should have taken pictures of some of the other houses because they were amazing!  
 
 

No comments: