8.02.2013

Swimming Lessons

We gave Hannah the options of soccer, baseball, dance, gymnastics, or swim lessons for a summer activity.  She chose swimming.  She had 30 minute lessons M-Th for two weeks.  She loved every minute of it!  The first day she scraped her knee getting out of the pool and in the five minutes it took to clean it up, the lesson ended.  She was crying and saying "It was too short!"  

I was really impressed with her progress.  She has never liked getting her face wet and we've only been swimming a handful of times.  By the end of the two weeks she was comfortable going underwater, blowing bubbles, using the kickboard, floating, and even stepping off the diving board (with her teacher waiting to catch her).  I guess I shouldn't be too surprised because she is fearless Hannah.  I am so proud of her!!

 
 
 


Olive was a pretty patient spectator.  Sometimes we left and walked to the playground across the parking lot.  She also really liked drawing on her Magna Doodle.  

Hannah was so excited about swimming that we decided to buy a pool membership when they went half-price in the middle of July.  We've been several times and made some great family memories.  (Sorry no pictures- cameras aren't allowed at that pool.)  Olive never liked swimming before, but this year she is all about it.  She walks in water all the way up to her chin, blows bubbles, and even floats on her back and tummy (with support).  I think she will be ready for swimming lessons next year.  We've got two swimmer girls!

No comments: