- It rained nearly every hour we were there.
- The daily highs were in the 60s. IN JULY.
- Two different kid theme restaurants we drove to were closed (even though their voicemails both said they were open).
- Steve lost my camera at sea.
- Emily and I flipped over the kayak, at night, across the cove from our dock. Did I mention that I was wearing a long sleeved shirt and jeans?
- The kids don't care if it is raining. They are happy to swim no matter what.
- The water was surprisingly warm.
- We had fun cooking dinner at the house.
- I was thankful I didn't bring my good camera. It was the cheaper one that I rarely used that ended up in the lake.
- Awesome memories. I laugh every time I think about that kayak.
This was a very entertaining game where Steve pretended to be asleep and the kids pulled the kayak back to the dock. Then he rowed back out and the pulled him again. It never got old.
The girls were IN LOVE with the house. They had so much fun picking out their room and organizing their clothes in the closet. I took some pictures of them in the room. Those pictures are in the camera at the bottom of the lake.
Olive is such a water girl now. She swam all over in her floatie swimsuit. I can't wait to see her in swimming lessons this year!
On the last day, we stopped at a restaurant on our way out that had a private beach. The sun finally came out and it was normal summer weather!
"A rainy day at the lake is always better than a sunny day at home." I think that's a saying. Or it should be.





1 comment:
Yep when we went camping at the lake for a week it always rained on us but we went swimming anyway. Hey your swimsuit was going to be wet anyway.
Makes for FUN memories and it is what life is about.
Glad everyone had a good time.
We lost a LOT of Susan shoes in the lake.
Post a Comment