8.01.2015

Swimming Lessons

This was Hannah's third year in swimming lessons and Olive's second.  Olive said, "I love swimming lessons as much as you love me!"  Both girls learned so much in just two weeks!  Hannah learned to dive for the first time.  Now she can also tread water for a minute and swim across the short side of the pool.  Olive went all the way underwater for the first time and even opened her eyes underwater.  Her confidence in the water improved so much this summer.  She now LOVES swimming with a life jacket (when last year she HATED it).  She wants so badly to swim as well as Hannah that she goes in the deep end to practice treading water.  I am so proud of how hard they both work to learn new things and become better swimmers.

Grandma got these cover-ups for the girls and they wore them every day.

Hannah was the only one in her class, so she got private lessons!

There were three other kids in Olive's class.  She was so excited to make friends!




Hannah jumped off the diving board by herself for the first time!  (Last year the instructor was in the water to help if needed.)  She even tried a kneeling dive off it!

I am so bummed that this is our last summer with our pool.  It is closing for good at the end of the summer.  I loved taking lessons from this pool because it was so close to the house and the class sizes were super small.  I recommended it to everyone I knew.  Hopefully we'll be able to find another pool next year that is just as good.

4 comments:

Grandma said...

The girls are definitely water lovers and so cute in their cover-ups! I am impressed how much they have accomplished during their lessons. It IS sad that the pool is closing. Is there anything close?

Granny said...

Why is it closing are they building a newer bigger pool???
Sad we never made it to Chili Bay this year was temperatures I will go I like it over 90 for me to go in. LOL
So glad these girls are learning how to swim while young.

Kerr Family said...

It's closing because of low attendance. It is a very basic pool- no slides, lazy rivers, play things like all the new pools have. I don't think there are any plans to build a new pool in its place.

Casey+Marissa said...

Sounds like both girls are "Amazing" at swimming as Olive says. Love, love love those cover ups. They are such cuties! I also can't believe Hannah id diving at age 6. Casey said ,"Wow I didn't learn how to do that until High school," and I still don't know how! Very impressive. :)

Maybe someday we'll have two more scuba divers in the family! ;)