Hannah has begged to go ice skating every year when we go to Crown Center, but we never went because I was pretty sure Olive would hate it. Every trip to the roller skating rink involved tears. And I didn't imagine the cold would make it any better. But then we heard Olive's friends were all going ice skating at Crown Center and she is much more likely to try something when she is with her friends. So we gave it a go. It was a nice day so the line was loooooong. We finally got the skates and laced them up...and there were tears before we even got on the ice. Then she saw her friends and she did a lap holding hands...and came back and said it was too hard and she was done. I told her we were going to be here for awhile because Hannah wanted to skate. She sat with me on the sides and then out of boredom she decided she might as well try skating. And she loved it.
"Ice skating is my favorite Christmas tradition. I want to go every year!" -Olive Kerr
I was of the Olive mindset- one lap and done...and I had to hold Steve's hand so I didn't fall down.
1 comment:
Reminds me of others in this family...have to think about it...might try then needs to think about it again and then if tries again loves it. LOL
Glad she loves it now and Hannah can go skating more often - maybe.
Post a Comment