12.15.2008

Week 24

Here's the much awaited baby bump picture. Everything is still going great. I had my monthly doctor's appointment today and she gave me an A+ for blood pressure, weight gain, etc. It is going by so fast. I'm more than halfway done! My doctor said weeks 24-28 are the most weight gain because the baby is growing so much. I am already noticing an increase in my appetite. I've started feeling hungry all the time just like I did in the first trimester. I'm taking a prenatal yoga class with Sarah this month and we've also signed up to do a childbirth class through my hospital.

Worst: I'd say the worst part of pregnancy so far is just feeling like I'm walking around with an inner tube of fat around my waist. I can do all the things I normally do, but it slows me down a bit! My four-square game has suffered. You know how you have fantasy dreams of flying sometimes? I have fantasy dreams of running without being out of breath.

Best: As far as pregnancies go, I have it pretty good. I still haven't felt too many bad pregnancy side effects (although when I say this everyone says "just wait, it gets so much worse"). The one "bad" side effect that I've been really looking forward to is increased body temperature. I don't mind being too hot, but I hate being too cold. So far, though, I'm still wearing my sweaters. Even right now I'm wearing two pairs of socks. Anyway, the best thing by far is feeling her move. I can feel it the most after I eat, right when I get into bed, and when the band plays music at church (she really likes the drums). Also, it doesn't hurt to have the best husband. Steve has been great about fixing me supper, helping out around the house, and putting up with my emotional outbursts. Most of the outbursts are about food. One time I almost cried because my sandwich bun was too moist and I declared the sandwich inedible. He assured me cutting it up and eating it with a fork would make it okay, and it did. Crisis averted. For now...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had been watching all afternoon for a baby update. Glad to hear you are feeling movement...Has Steve been kicked yet???

Kerr Family said...

Yep. :)

Holly said...

Your sandwich story is too cute, Megan! Aww...thank God for Steve and his consolation through it!

Anonymous said...

I had my far share of food breakdowns as well. I think our guys deserve a medal or something. I know Taco hated them because I would cry in public.