1.18.2009

The Big Clean-Up



We finally cleaned out the "junk room" to make room for the baby. These are before, during, and after the clean-up. Yes, that is a toilet sitting in the middle of the room. Remember how we started the bathroom remodel? Yeah, we're still working on that. I had hopes of getting the bathroom done before April, but now I'm not so sure. Other than the bathroom we have been pretty productive over the last week. While I worked on finding a place for all the junk room items, Steve worked on organizing the basement. We also delivered several pieces of furniture to my parents this weekend. They loaned it to us when we were first married and didn't have any furniture. The next step is to post some items on Craig's List. We feel pretty good about getting rid of the old clutter... and making room for baby clutter.

These pictures document the historic "crib assembly" that is a rite of passage for every new parent. It was a little confusing at first, but once we got started it went pretty fast. The next thing we are working on in the nursery is painting the closet and installing wire closet organizers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean that Steve is going to also heat this room? Are you sure you can still open the vents after being closed for so long?

Anonymous said...

I see the purple Mac! Memories... :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, apparently that had to stay.