10.12.2009

Car Race

One of the reasons why I love my job: the Italian Car Race. In second grade we "travel" the world, studying one country from each continent. Each country unit takes 4-6 weeks and during that time we read lots of books relating to the country, listen to music, eat food, and do neat activities and field trips. Right now we are in Italy and one of my favorite activities is the Italian Car Race. The kids make their cars out of cardboard boxes. Then they wear them and race...in front of the whole school.  It's a lot of fun.  The first picture is the parade we do around the race track and the second is of the kids lined up at the start of the race. This year was a Kerr sweep. One of my kids won each of the races, so the 7 kids in the final race were all mine. :)




4 comments:

Granny M said...

So what kind of fuel did you give these kids before the big race that your kids won every race?

Tamra Redburn said...

I think a doping investigation is in order.

Kerr Family said...

I don't know. This is just a super class. They are the smartest and most well behaved kids I've ever taught. I guess they are fast runners, too!

Jane said...

Shenanigan's!