Hannah's birthday was a beautiful day- sunshine and 60 degrees. It was the first really nice day after a long and cold winter. Steve took off the afternoon and we went to Leawood Park. Hannah loved it. We'd never taken her there before and it has playground stuff that is perfect for toddlers. After her nap she had her one year pictures taken, and then we went out to eat at Jason's Deli. Hannah had her favorite meal- pasta! It was a perfect day...much better than doing grades and having contractions all day like March 18 of last year.
By the way, I think in my post about Hannah's birth I ended it with something like "the hard part is over and now it's the fun part." I was wrong. It was not fun. Pregnancy: easy. Labor: pretty easy. Taking care of a fussy newborn who eats constantly and never lets you sleep: not easy or fun. Those first 3 or 4 months were tough. But then she started sleeping through the night and I started sleeping through the night and everyone was happier. Then she started getting a personality and laughing and playing and walking....and now look at her! So I'll go on record as saying the hard part is over and NOW it's the fun part. :)
1 comment:
Great pictures! I am glad you learned the secret truth about having kids! They are not fun at first! Adorable to see- yes. Difficult to care for - yes.
Post a Comment