6.21.2010

Adventure #2: Mother Goose Rhyme Time

I know another library isn't all that exciting, but asking Hannah to sit still and listen was an adventure.  Corinth Library has Mother Goose Rhyme Time every Monday.  Mother Goose reads the kids some books, sings songs, and acts our rhymes with puppets for about 15 minutes.  Then all the kids get to play with the puppets for another 15 minutes.  It is for kids 2 and under, but Hannah is one of the older ones.  So all of the little babies who can't walk yet sat in their mothers' laps and listened to the stories.....Hannah, not so much.  She wiggled and squirmed and tried to run across the room.  She loves reading books on my lap at home, so I think she wanted to be on Mother Goose's lap, too.   We've been to Mother Goose Time three times now and each week she gets better at sitting still and listening.  So I think it is a successful adventure.  It has helped me remember some more nursery rhymes to sing at home, too.

Rating: sideways thumb from Hannah and thumbs up from me

No comments: