It was a little rough getting back into the school routine, but I think we've turned the corner. Hannah did great the first couple of times I dropped her of at Pat's. Then on day three she figured out that it was going to be an every day routine and the tears started. And the clinging to my leg. And the running after me. Pat swore she got over it five minutes after I walked out the door, but it was still tough. Finally one day she took an interest in a wooden train set and didn't seem to notice me at all.
me (edging towards the door):: Bye, Hannah. I'm going to work now.
Hannah (not looking up from the trains): Bye.
me: Okay. I'll pick you up this afternoon after your nap.
Hannah. Yeah. Bye.
And after that day it has been smooth sailing. Even though I miss not being with her, it is nice that she gets to be around other kids. Today when I picked her up she was playing Ring Around the Rosie with the three-year-old girl and laughing hysterically when they fell down.
No comments:
Post a Comment