When we first moved into our house, the guest room was painted off-white with the same color trim.
A few years ago we painted the walls blue and the trim white. Steve built a book shelf and window seat between the two closets.
Over Christmas break the guest room became Hannah's room! We left the blue walls because Hannah's not really a girly-girl anyway (and we were too lazy to repaint). We figured with a few pink things it would make it look like a girl's room without being over the top. Here's the same view of the bookshelf:
And the window seat:
I always wanted a window seat growing up, so I am in love with this. I also love the owls. Steve accused me of making a room for me instead of Hannah (which is somewhat true), but Hannah loves the owls, too. She hugs and kisses them all of the time. She calls the big one "Mama Owl".
Hannah's new bedding (but same crib):
Hannah in her new bedroom for the first time. She loved it from the start and never went back to her old room after we moved the crib. It could be because of all the toys we moved to her new room. :)
See? We both love the window seat!
Her room isn't completely finished. We are going to add a dresser beside the crib and some sort of activity table on the 'tree wall' for trains/legos/etc. Once we get those items in place we'll add some pictures to the walls. In case you were wondering, we got the wall decals (love them- super easy to put on and remove!), owls, and bedding from Target. The floor mat is from Costco.

3 comments:
I love the wall decals! A friend of mine did her entire nursery in owls for her baby boy thats due soon. I totally wanna steal that when(if) we ever have babies! Love owls!! The room is cute!
Oh my goodness, I love this room, and I love the window seat even more. I'm jealous! :)
Ah Megan, I thought you busted out your paintbrushes! It's cute anyway! Love the window seat too.
Post a Comment