What can we do when it is hot out, but I don't want to take the kids to the pool (because I can't keep my hands on a baby and toddler at the same time)? Spraygrounds! I turned to the trusty internet and found out there is one just 10 minutes from our house! Who knew? That's what I love about KC....there are so many things to do and none of them are that far away. So Monday I loaded up the girls and headed to Sunnyside Park. Hannah was a little hesitant at first ("I don't want to get wet"), but she ended up having a blast. And unlike swimming, she could do it by herself and we could watch (or in Olive's case- nap) in the shade. :)
Tuesday we went to another sprayground in Loose Park. It had neater stuff, but it was also more crowded and hard to get to (no sidewalk for a stroller). We played in the park first, so Hannah played in the water with her clothes on. Now we can cross off Loose Park on our top parks of KC list, but we need to go back to see the duck pond and rose garden.
2 comments:
We love spraygrounds too! I've recently discovered several in CO Springs. We actually have a playdate at one of them tomorrow! If I'm not feeling too lazy I might try to take some pictures. :)
These are great pictures. You should visit City Gardens with us in StL. The boys love it.
Post a Comment