7.14.2011

Things I Forgot About Babies

Even though Hannah was a newborn just two years ago I was amazed at how much I forgot about babies.  Hannah still seemed so little before we had Olive, and then all of a sudden she was HUGE!   And I was so used to doing toddler stuff that it was strange having a baby again.

Some things I forgot about babies:

* how the baby carseat works even though I used it every day for a year
* how you have to burp them... I really did forget this after the first couple feedings!
* how much laundry they make because of diaper blow-outs and spit-up
* how they curl up in a little ball on you
* how tightly they squeeze your hand
* how long I can spend talking and making funny faces to get them to smile
* how small newborn diapers are
* how fast they grow out of clothes
* how hard it is to open my eyes and get out of bed at 3:00 am
* how once I'm up I kind of like the quiet and the just-the-two-of-us time that never happens during the day

Happy 3 month birthday, Olive!



No comments: