10.27.2011

Pumpkin Patch

My birthday is in October and I never do much to celebrate, but I do love fall weather and doing fun kid stuff with the girls.  So I told Steve all I wanted for my birthday was to go to a pumpkin patch.  This was our first time and it was AWESOME!  It was beautiful weather and there was so much to do!!  We arrived when it opened (10:00) and left at naptime (1:00), and we still didn't have time to do everything.  They had bouncy things, slides, play sets, animals, tractor rides, trikes, hay bale maze, pumpkin cannon, sandbox, and also pumpkins for sale. :)
The first thing we did was the bucket train.  Of course Hannah loved it.  She came back later and rode it again.

But I think her favorite thing (and mine) was the giant, orange, bouncy thing.  It was a cross between an inflatable bouncy house and a trampoline.  Oh there were tears when it was time to leave. 
 
It's hard to show how big it was.  It still doesn't fit in the picture.
 
Another one of my favorites...
 
the giant pumpkin slide!


This was another fun idea- a bumpy slide made of PVC pipes.

 
 


This was another one of Hannah's favorites.  She really liked the telescope on it. 
This picture was all I wanted for my birthday.  Girls and pumpkins.

On a tractor/train ride.  It got warm that day and we took off some layers.  Who needs pants anyway? 
The climbing wall was also a big hit.
 
Hannah liked the cut-outs a little bit more than Olive did...



This was called the duck race.  The water moved rubber duckies.  Hannah was disappointed that there weren't any real ducks.

Steve had some fun, too.

4 comments:

Granny said...

Did they have an age/weight limit on that big ORANGE thing or did you all get to jump about?
Love the cat face!!!
Looked like a fun day all around.

Kerr Family said...

There were two separate lines- one for big kids and one of little kids. I thought that was a great idea. That way the big kids didn't trample the little ones or bounce them off. I sat on it and bounced Olive with the little kids.

Abby said...

FUN! We're going to a pumpkin patch tomorrow...Hudson and Boulder have never been to one, and Calla doesn't remember when we took her as a 2-year-old. I'm so excited!

McGuire Family Blog said...

That picture of Hannah in the cut out cracks me up. Love it. Great post!