12.15.2011

Sisters

Even though everyone assumed I would want a boy for my second child, I always wanted a girl.  I thought sisters two years apart seemed perfect.  I pictured them playing together when they were little...maybe fighting when they were teenagers...but eventually being the maid of honor in each other's weddings.  However, I did worry a little about Hannah adjusting from only child to oldest child.  I've heard the stories of how I was less than thrilled when my brother was born 22 months after me- there was potty training regression and biting!  Thankfully Hannah is a much better big sister than me.  She loved Olive right from the start.  She liked to help with diaper changes and baths.  She proudly introduced her to everyone as "my sister Olive"...and she still does this.  She constantly reminded us "Don't forget Olive!" if we were going somewhere.  When Olive cried she was quick to offer advice ("Maybe she's hungry") or entertainment.  Her favorite thing to do is make Olive laugh.  And of course Olive's favorite thing to do is watch her sister.  Her face lights up whenever Hannah comes into the room.  Now with Olive sitting up and crawling they can do even more things together.  Usually the first thing Hannah says after she wakes up is "I want to see Baby O."   They are inseparable.  Miss Pat said she has never seen siblings get along so well.  

I can't begin to explain how much I love my daughters.  I love them individually and I love seeing the relationship between them.  I feel unbelievably blessed to have two happy, healthy girls.  They make my heart happy.

one of my favorite pictures- taken when Olive was a couple weeks old

now

1 comment:

Abby said...

Sweet, sweet pictures. I'm glad they're getting along so well. Sibling love is so precious!