I'm backing up to the beginning of summer: Memorial Day Weekend. We kicked off the summer right with a party at the Baileys, where we met little Oskar for the first time.
Next up was girls night at Power & Light to celebrate my cousin Lauren's (belated) birthday. We took the opportunity to ride the mechanical bull at PBR. Okay, I forced everyone to ride the bull. :) It was epic. I was a little scared that getting thrown off would hurt, but it wasn't bad at all.
Marissa and Casey stayed with us for the weekend and the girls loved playing with their aunt and uncle. Best of all: THEY ARE MOVING TO KC THIS SUMMER! Can you tell I'm excited?
We finished the weekend by going to Longview Lake for swimming and sandcastles. The girls loved it! Olive sat on the shore and laughed when the waves rocked her backwards. Hannah practiced "swimming" by walking with her hands and letting her legs float. Steve did most of the sandcastle building, but the girls definitely helped in destroying it. Unfortunately, my camera battery died. :( We'll have to go back to get pictures. This is from my cell phone:
No comments:
Post a Comment