6.01.2012

This Spring

Although we planned to have our girls in the spring, I felt a little sorry for them that the didn't have fall birthdays.  Fall has always been my favorite season, but I may have to change my mind.  Spring in KC is absolutely beautiful.  Everybody has fresh green lawns, spring trees, and lots of flowers.  So I'll say I like fall best in the country and spring best in the suburbs.

What we've been doing this spring:
  • watching mama robin feed her birdies outside my bedroom window and marveling at how fast they grow up
  • chasing bunnies barefoot in the backyard (Hannah)
  • celebrating Hannah turning 3 and Olive turning 1
  • feeling grateful every time I hear "Mama, I went potty!"  Usually when things change I can barely remember the way they used to be.  But every time Hannah uses the bathroom by herself I am reminded that it was another diaper I didn't have to change.  It feels awesome.  
  • running the Boston Marathon in 3:07 in record heat (Steve)  
  • adjusting to a new job- I'm still working on him to write a blog post on his job and marathon.
  • wheezing and doing inhalers (Olive)- Of course this was during the gap in our insurance coverage because of the job change.  Arg!
  • finally fitting into my pre-pregnancy pants...well, most of them
  • running my first race since having Olive- the Trolley Run (4 miles in 42:18) Yes, I'm slow, but I beat my previous Trolley Run time when I was 25.  Not bad after having 2 kids!
  • challenging myself to run every day in May...I did it!
  • spending most nights in the backyard playing soccer, frisbee, or sandbox.  The weather was amazing this spring!

2 comments:

Granny said...

And don't forget all the changes with Olive too. Time just goes so fast and they change so much in a years time.
Take time to enjoy these years because they over so fast.

Kerr Family said...

I am having the time of my life with these two awesome girls. And as great as they are at 1 and 3, I know they will be even more fun at 2 and 4, and 3 and 5, and so on. I can't wait!!