7.01.2012

Holly's Baby Shower

My freshman roommate is having a baby!  After realizing I haven't seen her since before I had kids, I knew it was time for a visit.  The shower was at 11:00 in Columbia, perfect timing for me to drive there during Olive's morning nap and back during the afternoon nap.  The problem was Olive didn't accept my plan.  She only slept 30 minutes there and 30 minutes back...and fussed about every 10 minutes when she wasn't asleep.  At the shower she alternated between being adorable and crying on the floor.  Oh, and there was that one time another guest informed me my daughter was eating dirt out of a flower pot in the corner.  Yeah.  It was embarrassing.  While we were driving/crying/seeing Holly, Steve was camping/kayaking to practice for the MR 340.  Stay tuned for that adventure at the end of July!

 
 
 
 

1 comment:

McGuire Family Blog said...

The car pictures are adorable!!!!

You know I would have been the other parent who had a kid eating dirt. We can't all be great parents. ;)