We met Granny in Columbia to pick up Hannah on our way to St. Louis. Hannah's three days spent in Chula were the first time the girls have been separated. It was also the first time Hannah has been gone when I've been home. I miss her on vacation, but I'm always busy and I don't think about it that much. Being at home without her is a different story. It is way too quiet without my chatterbox around. Although it was nice to return to being a mother-of-one for awhile: shopping, jogging with the stroller...everything is easier with just one kiddo. But I was very happy to get my Hannah girl back. Olive smiled, laughed, and pointed when she saw Hannah. Hannah said she missed me... a little bit. But the next day she wanted to hold my hand and sit on my lap all the time. She later amended her statement to, "I missed you...a lot."
It has been awhile since we've visited the McGuires. It was nice to sit around, talk, and play cards. Hannah wasn't sure about staying at another house when she really just wanted to go home...then she saw their toys. She loved the trucks, airplanes, and helicopters. As soon as she got home to our house she wanted to round up "all the things that fly." That amounted to two small airplanes. She was very disappointed in our toy collection.
On Saturday we went to the Missouri Botanical Garden. They are currently having a Chinese Lantern Festival. Very awesome. I wish we could have seen it at night, too. Alas, kiddos with bedtimes.
Conversation before we left...
me: Hey, we're going to go see some flowers!
Hannah: I don't want to go to their boretum.
me: (trying to figure out what she is saying) Oh, arboretum!
Hannah: Not our boretum, their boretum.
mosquito bite on the eyelid :(
Gwyn(1), Colin(4), Kevin(5), Hannah(3), Olive(1). Kevin will be starting kindergarten in a few weeks!! They grow up so fast...especially when they aren't yours and you don't see them everyday. The last time we took a group picture on this couch, kids started puking. Fun times.
No comments:
Post a Comment