The girls have done three weeks of preschool and it is still going great. Hannah comes home daily with 3-5 papers that she has painted/drawn/glued/cut. She loves telling us her classroom job of the day and singing us new songs she has learned. Olive was good with school for about 3 days, then she started crying at drop-off. But last week she was smiling and waving goodbye. I think she finally got used to the new schedule. She's now napping 2.5-3 hours in the afternoon instead of the 1 hour she was getting the first week of school.
My class at school is great! I have 18 students with an even number of boys and girls. Perfect. For the most part, they are eager learners and pretty calm. Last year's class of 15 boys and 4 girls was high energy, so it's nice to have a more laid-back group. I'm excited to travel the world with them. We leave for Italy on Wednesday!
2 comments:
Glad to hear that back-to-school is going well for everyone! We're starting home school next week. Honestly, I'm a bit sad that Calla won't have the public school experience that I had (because I always loved school, too!) We're seriously considering enrolling her in our public school's "cottage school" program for homeschoolers. It's one day a week and we've heard great things from other families who've participated. Calla is fairly social (more than I ever was at her age) so I think she would love it.
It sounds like the best of both worlds. Do it! How else would she get the thrill of being line leader? ;)
Post a Comment