January is also a good time to reflect on what has happened in the last year. Looking back I was shocked by how many things we did in 2012. Steve changed jobs from Black&Veatch to Cogent. He really likes the new atmosphere of a smaller company and more varied work. Steve also ran the Boston Marathon and did the MR 340, a boat race on the Missouri River that took 4 days. We went on a couples vacation to Maine and then a family vacation to Colorado, which was the girls' first time on a plane. This year Olive started walking and talking. Hannah got potty trained and started writing. Both girls went from in-home daycare to preschool. And of course the girls and I had lots of adventures this summer doing fun things all over KC.
The best thing about a new year is looking forward to what will come next. I already know a few things that I'm excited about in 2013. One of my best friends from high school is moving back to Kansas City in February and having a baby in April. Two of my other good friends in KC are also pregnant with babies due in the summer. And my brother just got engaged to his girlfriend over with winter break! He proposed in front of the Nelson Art Gallery at night. It sounded beautiful. I can't wait to add another member to our family and dance at their wedding!
No comments:
Post a Comment