6.17.2013

First Friday and Wedding

Granny took the girls so we could go to a wedding in Columbia.  I realized it was our first weekend without kids since Valentine's Day.  It feels weird when they are gone but I am at home.  I am surrounded by toys and yet there is no screaming.  Luckily, I was only home alone for a few hours.  We went to First Fridays- one of my favorite things in KC but we haven't gone since before we had kids.  Art galleries are open late and there are a bunch of people out in the street.  Like these guys.  I was too intimidated to touch Darth Vader, obviously.
 
Crocheted metal.  It looked cooler close up.
 
 
And then Saturday we were in Columbia for Kurt and Suzanne's wedding.  Kurt was a runner in Rolla and did the MR 340 at the same time as Steve.
 
Their story is a lot like ours: same high school, but they didn't date until they were at separate colleges.  They even had a tandem bicycle in their engagement pictures and to hold the seating cards.
 
Runners' House picture

  
Wendy and I danced all night long.  Fun weekend!
 

No comments: