Labor Day weekend we took a trip to Omaha to see Marissa and Casey's new house! My parents also came up, so it was mini family vacation. On the drive up we saw TWO full rainbows. Pretty amazing. We watched them form, double, and slowly fade away.
Of course our first stop was the zoo. And of course I forgot my camera. Pictures are courtesy of Marissa. Also, she took a ton, but I had some technical difficulties getting these to post. Here are a small sample because I give up.
first selfie
Notice they had to wear animal themed shirts since we were going to the zoo. And Olive is wearing the same giraffe shirt that Hannah wore on the kids' first trip to Omaha.
We played in the park that you can see from Marissa's front yard. She really knew how to choose the right house for us. It also has a walking trail that we can't wait to bike on.
The girls have been obsessed with hearing stories about me when I was little. So they were very happy to have Grandma and Grandpa to tell even more stories! Every meal they asked "Tell us a story when Mama was little."
Durham Museum inside Omaha's Union Station
We (mostly me) got giddy about posing with statues
The younger generation is really obsessed with selfies
Cool decorated cars outside Ted and Wally's where we got homemade ice cream
Septemberfest Labor Day Parade- with "Macy's Day Parade quality balloons"
I completely forgot they throw out CANDY at parades! The girls were overjoyed! The last parade we went to Olive was just a baby. She really got to experience it this time.
amazing boy scout troop
someone partied too hard in Omaha
This girl is so brave
Olive refused to ride anything (mainly because she would have to ride by herself because Hannah was too tall). Finally right before we were leaving, she said she wanted a car ride. She loved it!
-001.jpg)
.jpg)
-001.jpg)
.jpg)

2 comments:
WOW looking at that picture of Marissa and Hannah really shows how much they look alike. Always thought she looked like you but then You and Marissa have always looked alike to me too. LOL
LOVE VW OLIVE - She was just waiting for the best ride. Her very own VW BUG!!!
Yep, everyone always says Marissa and I look alike and have confused us with each other on multiple occasions! I thought Hannah looked like me...then I had Olive. The older Hannah gets, the more I see Steve.
Post a Comment