I love the olden days! I finally coerced Steve to going to Shawnee Town. It is a small town and farmhouse made to look like 1929. We told the girls this was when their great-grandparents were young. They were amazed to see how life has changed in just a few generations.
Great-grandma Velma actually gave us a typewriter very similar to this.
We toured the farm house and looked in all the buildings. Steve and I recognized a lot of the farm equipment from our grandparents' farms.
And since we were in the neighborhood, we stopped by the Johnson County Museum. It was a day of history! Steve loved every minute of it. :)
1 comment:
The general/grocery store we went to in Spickard was not THAT well stocked with cans. LOL
Yep looked like my parents farm/and Spickard. Was looking for our old crank telephone or even the dial phone.
Post a Comment