1.06.2017

Christmas #1

My favorite thing about Christmas is watching the kids opening presents.  They are excited about EVERYTHING.  No matter how small or mundane.  I filmed them opening stockings this year just so I'd always remember the pure joy.  Of gloves.  And candy canes.  And paint.


 We learned out lesson last year and told them not to wake us up until after 6:00.  So they came in at 6:01, although I heard footsteps downstairs around 5:30.  After not being sick at all this fall/winter, I woke up at 4:00 am Christmas morning with sinus congestion and I couldn't go back to sleep.  I wonder when we will be able to open presents in daylight hours.

Olive loved the hulk hands!

And they went well with her new Wonder Woman pjs.

Hannah's new panda pjs.

The girls were so excited with the new snow scooter and saucer that they had to test them out...in 66 degree weather.

After spending Christmas morning at our house we drove to Chillicothe for Meneely Christmas that night.  I didn't get a lot of pictures.  I really regret not getting a family picture of everyone together. :(

New suitcases from Grandpa and Grandma!

Becky brought Beanboozled to play.  You eat a jellybean that could either taste yummy or disgusting.  Steve's was either buttered popcorn or rotten egg.  From his face, you can see it was the latter.

 Trying out their new slingshot helicopters.

The next day we drove to Trenton to see great-grandma Alice before we headed back to KC.

1 comment:

Granny M said...

Love the new picture of my Mom with the girls.
Will add it to my collection of them.
Fun to see the changes in the girls and in my Mom over the years.