The rule in our house is the girls stay in bed until 7:00am, but I was feeling generous at Christmas so I told Hannah she could wake us up whenever she got up. Big mistake. She got up, woke up Olive and they both walked into our room at....2:45am. WHAT?! I sent them back to bed. Next wake-up call...4:00am. I sent them back to bed again. I said the clock has to at least say 5 something. Why did I say that? I don't know. It was 4:00am and I had no idea what I was saying. So when she come into our room again? 5:01. Sigh. Fine. We made our way downstairs to open presents AT 5:00 IN THE MORNING! Usually the girls open one present at a time and then play with it forever before I make them move on to the next thing. This year it was all unwrapped by about 5:15.
This was actually on Christmas Eve reading our last Christmas book. The girls unwrap a Christmas book every day in December for an advent calendar.
I always get matching pjs for the girls, but Olive usually refuses to wear them. This year they stayed matching! They opened up their stockings and were super excited by things like notebooks, reading lights, rubber snakes, and toothbrushes! I love how it doesn't take much to make them happy. Also, notice it is pitch black outside.
Santa scaled it back this year and we didn't have quite the mess as in the past. Here is the aftermath:
It was mostly a lego Christmas.
While everyone else was doing lego, I made this awesome fish out of Q-Ba-Maze for a marble run.
After a relaxing morning at our house, we headed to Chillicothe in the afternoon for Christmas Grandma and Grandpa's house. Here's Olive with her new helmet.
And here's Hannah with a handmade sign from Aunt Becky.
Here's Steve with his new trashcan conveniently wrapped in trash.
The girls each got a set of talking owls and they built a home for them out of present boxes.
Then the day after Christmas we opened presents with the Kerrs. The cousins really look like each other when they are all dressed alike, they have the same hair color, and 3 out of 4 also have the same haircut!
We got to meet the girls' newest second cousin: Clara.
This pretty much sums up trying to take Olive's picture when she isn't in the mood.
No comments:
Post a Comment