10.03.2017

Beanstalk Garden Field Trip

I went to Kansas City Community Garden (Beanstalk Garden) with the 3rd graders.  It was so much fun!  We got to taste lots of food straight from the plants.  We tasted plants that were bitter, sweet, minty, and one even numbed your mouth!  We tried some peppers, berries, spinach and more.  Best of all I got to spend some time with Hannah and her two best friends.  I caught them walking together holding hands.  Too sweet!

A few of the things we tried...



This plant (I forgot the name) closed up when you touched it.  The leaves on the left are still open and the ones on the right have closed.

1 comment:

Granny M said...

Steve going to make you a raised garden table so girls can grow a few vegetables next year? Course plant a few flowers too. :)
Loved the field trips got to see their class & teacher in action.