11.22.2017

Fall Soccer

This fall only Hannah played soccer.  It was much less hectic with only one practice a week and one game on the weekend.  In third grade kids start playing competitive soccer, but we still wanted to play in a recreational league.  So part of her team switched to Leawood rec league (others went competitive or stopped playing altogether.)  Her old team won just about every game the played (by a lot), but her new team only won one game all season.  I asked her how she felt about it.  Hannah shrugged, "Eh.  I was tired of winning all the time.  It's nice to do something else."  I love this kid.  She always looks on the bright side.  They tied their last game and Hannah said,"This is great because both teams are happy!"  With a smaller team (and all of the best players playing competitive soccer), she got a lot of playing time.  She still likes playing defender the best.  I only took pictures of her last game and it was the only one that was cold enough to wear pants.


Cold Olive.

Showing off her soccer trophy.

Team party at Dewey's Pizza!

1 comment:

Granny M said...

Dad will have to make her a trophy shelf around the top of her room so she can keep all her awards there. :)