10.15.2018

Renaissance Festival

I've been bugging Steve for awhile to go to the Renaissance Festival.  I went growing up, but he never did and labeled it "nerdy" and "not his thing."  I bid on the tickets as part of our school auction and since I had the tickets he agreed to go.  Marissa and Casey came in town and I let the girls skip school to go on Columbus Day.  It was Steve, Hannah, Olive, and Wade's first time and all most of them had a great time!


Oh did I mention it was the day after a rainstorm?  It stopped raining just in time for us to enjoy the day.  And the bonus was we got to slosh around in boots all day.  That was probably my favorite part.










The girls weren't really into shopping at the stores or watching the shows, but they loved this booth where you could play with Chinese yo-yos and hula hoops.  We even had to go back and play again before we left.

The joust was their other favorite thing.





Look how excited he is to be here!




Sword and shield souvenirs 

They wasted no time painting them as soon as we were home.

1 comment:

Granny M said...

Seems like it is always raining during the fair time.
Every time I have gone it was MUDDY!!!
Glad you ladies all had boots to slosh through the day.