When Steve lived at the Runners' House they had an annual Turkey Fry at the end of the cross country season. Walter loved it, but once he and some of the older runners graduated the tradition died. Since Walter comes to stay with us the weekend before Thanksgiving on his way to visit his family in Missouri and go deer hunting, we thought it was time to bring the tradition back. The first annual Turkey Fry was born. We furnished the turkey and fried potatoes and friends brought all the other sides and deserts. Per Walter's request, we ate on our fine china. Present at the historic event were the Vroomans, the newly-married Baileys, and Joffroi. We had lots of fun playing board games and telling Walter stories. I was laughing so hard I was crying at one point. Sorry we don't have more pictures to share. Next time someone really needs to remember the camera.
11.24.2008
Turkey Fry
When Steve lived at the Runners' House they had an annual Turkey Fry at the end of the cross country season. Walter loved it, but once he and some of the older runners graduated the tradition died. Since Walter comes to stay with us the weekend before Thanksgiving on his way to visit his family in Missouri and go deer hunting, we thought it was time to bring the tradition back. The first annual Turkey Fry was born. We furnished the turkey and fried potatoes and friends brought all the other sides and deserts. Per Walter's request, we ate on our fine china. Present at the historic event were the Vroomans, the newly-married Baileys, and Joffroi. We had lots of fun playing board games and telling Walter stories. I was laughing so hard I was crying at one point. Sorry we don't have more pictures to share. Next time someone really needs to remember the camera.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I wish we could fry our turkey. I'm so freaking jealous. I wish I had a walter.
The nice thing about a Walter is that you always know how any given situation relates to The Big Lebowski.
I think Kevin and I will also have to make it a tradition as well. It will not be missed again.
Post a Comment