My lovely friend Brooke was nice enough to host a baby shower for me last weekend in Chillicothe. It was mostly family and high school friends, but I also drove Wendy and Jane to the festivities. It was a great time! I only wish I could have talked longer with everyone. Click on the above link for more pictures.My favorite game was Guess the Baby Picture where guests had to figure out which baby picture belonged to which family member. Marissa won that one and put on quite a show in the back of the room to celebrate her win. By the end of the shower she and Jane were doing the chicken dance from Arrested Development. My least favorite game was Don't Say Baby because I lost miserably. I was the first one to lose all my pins! Jane tricked me into saying baby a few times, but mostly I just did it on my own. Tamra and Becky tied for the win on that one. The other game was Guess the Baby Food. I did not fare well on that either. Jane cleaned up the competition, although being the only one with kids who eat baby food gave her the clear advantage.
I got tons of cute baby clothes, blankets, and toys. Thank you to everyone! Steve was very overwhelmed when he had to unpack it all back in KC. He could also immediately tell I didn't pack the gifts. Way too organized. When we got back we went out to dinner with Jane, Taco, Kevin, Dan, Wendy, and Tyler. Sarah and baby Norah stayed in Olathe because they didn't want to be exposed to my cold. :( I can't wait until we can all go out with our kids.
Speaking of kids, Taco and Jane brought Kevin along for the weekend. He and his brother Colin are two of the cutest kids I've ever seen.
Best Kevin story of the weekend: We were getting ready to walk to Pumpernicks for breakfast Saturday morning. Steve had on a stocking cap. He wears one constantly even around the house. I'm always trying to get him to take it off. Kevin took one look at it and said, "Take it off. It's not that cold. It's not snowing. Take it off." Then he proceeded to take it off Steve's head. He also yelled at Steve for not walking on the sidewalk on the way to the restuarant. He is a boy after my own heart. :)
1 comment:
I just want to personally thank you for the chicken dance link. I can't get enough of it. (Obviously)
Post a Comment