2.22.2009

Baby Training

We had our Childbirth class today. We could either do a couple hours each week for a month or do it all in one day. Of course we chose the latter. We figured everything about giving birth and taking care of a baby can pretty much be learned in a day. Just in case it can't, we got extra baby practice this week. Thursday we babysat little Oliver for Becky and Wes and Friday we hung out with baby Norah (and Sarah and Tyler, too).

The class was very good. I HIGHLY recommend it. If you are pregnant, I would skip reading all the books and just register for a class at your hospital. And I'm a person that learns well by reading things. The books were good, but today we went over everything I had read previously and lots more. Plus we got to tour the maternity center and get tips that were specific to our hospital like where they keep the snacks and how to get the bed into different positions. I feel very knowledgeable and prepared now....although I would still like her to wait another 6 weeks before making her debut.

2 comments:

Blizzard/Wedman Family said...

Ollie says, "Thanks Kerrs for the turn table lessons!" I think Norah is so small and cute that Ollie would either love her or eat her.

Anonymous said...

I am ready for another update. I want to see more pictures of the belly! And how is that bathroom coming along Steve?

By the way, Kevin's sister is in town from CO. I asked K3 who was coming in town to see him and he said "Not Steve and Megan Kerr." He wasn't wrong!