By request....
It has been a looooong week! I'm exhausted from getting my classroom set up and going to teacher meetings... and not having any naps during the day! (I was in the habit of taking naps with Hannah over the summer.) Last night was the "supply drop off" night, so I got to meet my new students. They seem like a good bunch. Better yet, their PARENTS seem like a good group! Cute story: One mom told me her daughter was very happy to get me as a teacher because "Mrs. Kerr is really nice." Apparently when the girl was in kindergarten I waved to her once and she has remembered this for two years and wanted to be in my class!
Pat has given Hannah glowing reports every day this week. She said Hannah is a very good baby. She's had no problems with eating or naps or adjusting to the new schedule. Steve and I, on the other hand, have had to work out a few kinks. I think we finally have it down now. We both wake up at the same time. He feeds her while I eat breakfast and get myself ready. Then I change her clothes and take her to day care while he gets himself ready. So far we've all be able to get to our places on time.
I thought I would feel weird (or guilty) being at work when I've been staying home taking care of Hannah so long. But being at school feels very normal. Plus it helps that Hannah is too young to cry and complain about going to day care. This morning the two-year-old at day care was crying, "Daddy, don't go! Daddy, don't go!" as her father was dropping her off. Meanwhile Hannah was smiling and playing happily with her rings as I walked out the door. That helps minimize the I'm-a-bad-mother-because-I'm-not-a stay-at-home-mom guilty feeling that I think all working moms feel at one time or another.
1 comment:
If it helps, by the time Kevin could talk he never once pleaded with us not to go. You may never hear that!!!
Post a Comment