The question I get asked most often now is "When is she starting solids?". I asked our pediatrician about it at her 4 month check-up and he said there is no nutritional reason to start solids before 6 months. From birth to 6 months babies only need breast milk (or formula). Starting solids before 6 months is really just to practice eating. So I haven't really been in any hurry to start her on solids. We've just been enjoying the simplicity of a purely liquid diet. But since she's going to be 5 months, we have started practicing a little with rice cereal. I think we are going to follow this schedule for introducing new foods.
Tonight when I was feeding her she laughed and opened her mouth each time I said, "Yummy, yummy cereal!" in a funny voice. Then she would immediately make this face once the spoon was actually in her mouth.
2 comments:
Bryson makes crazy faces sometimes while eating, when it's obvious he loves it and says "mmmm" and grunts b/c you're too slow with the next bite... we think he has sensitivity to temperature and flavors. Regardless, faces are cute! :) She's getting so big and so dang cute!
I'm glad your pediatrician didn't recommend starting at 4 months (or before)...there's no reason to push regular food on their newly developing digestive systems, but it seems that lots of docs want to start the eating early. Looks like she's loving the cereal! ;)
Post a Comment