9.24.2009

Meneely Reunion

Well, we went to Chillicothe again. This time for the Meneely reunion. Last year at the reunion I was 3 months pregnant, and now here she is! Of course Hannah was a big hit. Most of the extended family had only seen her in pictures and they loved seeing her smiles in person.

While we were in town we saw all of Hannah's grandparents and great-grandparents. I think it is important for her to grow up knowing her family and our goal was to make it back to Chillicothe once a month for that purpose. But after being totally exhausted from a long week, then running around seeing everyone on the weekend, then back to work again...we're doing some rethinking! Maybe once every 2 months will be sufficient and we can try to entice the grandparents to come see us with cute Hannah pictures. :)

Pictures from the reunion:



Every year they have ridiculous door prizes, and this year was no exception. Here is the bounty won by us and our cousins. Notice Steve and I opted for the practical soap and light bulbs, while others chose more frivolous things like a pink elephant and corn candle (ahem, Flat Jason and Marissa).

Unrelated to the reunion, but totally cool...I got to feed a deer! It was Tom and Marsha's neighbors' "pet" deer.

1 comment:

Amanda and Jason said...

My, that elephant photographs well!